Oh headboard, how we missed thee! It has been more than 5 years since we last had a headboard on our bed. That's longer than we've been married!
Our old bed frame came from neighbors in our apartment complex, who were moving out and sold to us an entire bedroom set of four pieces: a nightstand/dresser, armoire, mirror, and headboard with bed frame. It worked with our rental house, but we -I- was tired of it and wanted something new. So we went on the lookout for something we could do.
Pinterest is awesome, no? I went back and found the actually site:
http://hoboswarehouse.com since I had pinned this before I grew an etiquette conscience by reading
CrafterMinds. Don't worry, I just slapped my own hand.
I love the subutle curve and the gentle tufting. I have read tutorials on diy tufting, and a headboard should be the perfect place to start, but we got antsy to get the project started, done and over with, so we skipped the tufting for now.
 |
| Piece of plywood cut out in curved shape |
I'm not very good at belaboring you with the step-by-step tutorial since I'm sure you could just Goggle "how to make a padded headboard" and you would get something much better then I could ever write. So I will just share some photos of our process:
 |
| Cut 2x4 boards to make frame to attach headboard to back wall |
The fabric we purchased from Ikea. It's in a nice neutral color so I it could go with any color we decide to change our walls to in the future.
 |
| Super thick pad bought at Joann's fabrics |
Yes, our garage work space was very tight that day. I had to work around my husband's dirt bike and stand. Total man cave our garage is. Well, with plush carpeting. ;-)
 |
| Lots of staples in the corners |
We worked so well together on this headboard project, I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of the bedroom with my hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I encourage all readers to please leave me a comment letting me know your thoughts. But please try to be constructive with your criticism, I'm sensitive.