Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WIWWW #5

What I WILL wear Wednesdays began after I got kind of excited following this lovely blog by Lindsay (I discovered her through Etsy), after she decided to host a "linky" party.  At the time, I didn't even know what a linky party was-but now I get it and it's a great way to get more involved and find similar bloggers to yourself.  I added the extra W (WILL) because I'd like to decide on great outfits ahead of time, so I don't have that nagging voice telling me every morning as I stand in front of my closet: "I have NOTHING to wear!".

Basically, I have two standard dress codes: "for the office" and for "my days off" (not really off, being a mother is a 24/7 job).  I need to work on adding in "for date nights" because I feel the need to get dressed up from time to time, and my husband could really use some of that "me time" that I so selfishly steal away from him whenever I please.  With our 4th year anniversary coming up (7/7/07 baby!), now's my chance to really kick it up a notch.  But you're going to have to wait for WIWWW #6 to see what I come up with! ;-)

This week,
Wednesday:  To the office
Pink bowtie shirt - Banana Rep
Brown slacks - Express Editor
Black & white flats - Cynthia Vincent
Burberry trench - Nordstroms (my first real splurge)
Funky brown wrap scarfy thing - gift from BFF

Thursday & Friday, I had a sick baby to take care of and then doctor's appointment (turns out to be an ear infection).  Not a single pic either day, and I can't even remember now what I wore.  Had my mind on more important things.

Saturday:  Family Birthday Baanaannzaa!
Tank - Ann Taylor (hand me down :-)
White linen pants - Target
White wide brim hat - Target (also see)
Sunnies - RL Nordstroms
Gold and Sparkle sandals - Sole Society

Sunday: Hike with my baby love
White shirt - handmedown
tank - Old Navy
Jean shorts - Levi's
Sandals - Chacos

Monday, 4th of July parade:
Navy tank - Gap Body
Khaki shorts - Old Navy
Red ribbon - sewing basket
and for white I wore...
 my birthday candle necklace - Anthro
"Happy Birthday, America!"

Tuesday:   Work at the office
tank - handmedown
cardi - Banana Rep
Skirt - Anthro
Sandals - Target

Last but not least, other than wearing the candle necklace on the fourth, every day I've enjoyed my teenie tiny initials necklace by Lisa Leonard Designs.  I love it!  Perfect way to carry my family with me wherever I go.

How do you put together your outfits?  This morning I just grabbed a bottom, a top, and a sweater-but really not enough thought went into it.  It worked out, but I really want to work on the complete look rather than rush to get dressed.  So I'm curious how does your morning work when you open your closet or dress drawer?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love that anthro skirt! :)

Alissa said...

Super cute! Love that you used a red ribbon for a belt and were brave enough to try a wide-brim hat. (You totally rocked it, by the way!)

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOVE the Saturday outfit! The colors of the tank are so pretty and look great with the white capris!

Flor said...

I stay at home now, but before when I worked I had to prepare my outfits the night before (even the jewerly I was going to wear with it). Otherwise I was always stressing out in the morning trying to pick out something.

Love the white linen pants and the white target hat! You look awesome in that hat! I don't think I have the guts to wear it but you make it look good :)

Delightful Deets said...

I love your Tuesday outfit! That skirt is so cute! Visiting from The Pleated Poppy!
www.modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

cute outfits....that white floppy hat is to die for! so cute!
I'm so glad you left a comment
xoxo
Cami

Post a Comment

I encourage all readers to please leave me a comment letting me know your thoughts. But please try to be constructive with your criticism, I'm sensitive.